John Marc Tamayo is a named partner with Campbell, Trohn, Tamayo & Aranda, P.A., focusing his practice on civil litigation in state and federal court. John Marc is a Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer.
John Marc was born in Rockledge, Florida, raised in Tampa, and has resided in Polk County, Florida, for the last 20 years.
John Marc attended Florida State University and earned his B.S. Degree in Political Science. He then went to Florida State University College of Law where he earned his Juris Doctorate Degree with Honors. Upon graduation from law school, John Marc became an Associate with Frost O’Toole & Saunders, P.A. In 1998, John Marc became a full partner in the law firm of Frost Tamayo Sessums & Aranda, P.A., where he worked until December 31, 2007. In January of 2008, John Marc left Frost Tamayo Sessums & Aranda, P.A., and formed Valenti, Campbell, Trohn, Tamayo & Aranda. His practice areas include commercial litigation, general civil litigation, eminent domain, and personal injury.
John Marc and his wife, Marni, live in Bartow, Florida, with their three children, Abigail, Nicolas and Ava.
Florida State University, B.S. (August 1990)
- Gold Key Honor Society
- Golden Key Honorary Society
- National Semi-Finalist for Disney Scholar-Athlete Post Graduate Scholarship
- FSU Varsity Baseball Team – Three-Year Letterman
- 1989 College World Series
Florida State University College of Law, J.D. Honors (May 1994)
- Alumni Scholarship Award Winner
- Phi Delta Phi
- The Florida Bar, 1994
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Florida Justice Association – Eagle Member
- Polk County Trial Lawyers’ Association
- Tenth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission (2007-2012)
- Lakeland Bar Association (President 2001-2002, Board of Governors 1997-2002)
- Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division Board of Governors (Tenth Judicial Circuit representative 1998-2004)
- Member – American Board of Trial Advocates (Tampa Bay Chapter)
- Willson American Inns of Court (Pupil, 1995-1997)
- Police Athletic League Board of Directors (1997-2001)
- Polk Museum of Art (Board of Trustees, 1997-2002)
- Member Resurrection Catholic Church
- Bartow Dixie Youth Baseball – Board Member and Assistant Coach
- Board of Directors – City of Bartow Chamber of Commerce
- John Marc also speaks fluent Spanish.