J.P. is a partner with Campbell, Trohn, Tamayo & Aranda, P.A., focusing his practice on civil litigation in state and federal court.
J.P. was born in Bartow, Florida, and is a fifth generation Bartowan. After graduating from Bartow High School, J.P. attended Florida State University and earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications. He then went to Stetson University College of Law, where he earned his Juris Doctor Degree.
Upon graduation from law school, J.P. became an Associate with Lane Trohn, P.A., a firm that merged with GrayRobinson, P.A. in January, 2001. In January, 2008, J.P. left GrayRobinson, P.A. and joined nine trial attorneys to create Valenti, Campbell, Trohn, Tamayo & Aranda, P.A. His practice areas include general civil litigation, condemnation/eminent domain, construction, commercial litigation, and personal injury defense law.
J.P. and his wife, Jan, live in Bartow with their two sons, Jack and Andy.
- Florida State University, B.S. (cum laude, May 1993) Golden Key National Honor Society
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D. (July 1996) Phi Delta Phi (Vice President 1995 – 1996)
- Trial Advocacy Society
- The Florida Bar, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 1999
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2006
- Lakeland Bar Association
- Polk County Trial Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Tenth Judicial Circuit Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee Member (2001 – 2004)
- Tenth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee “B” Member (2006 – 2009)
- Member of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church
- B.E.S.T.T. (Bartow Educating Students for Today and Tomorrow) Board Member
- Achievement Academy Board Member (2005 – 2007)
- Bartow Dixie Youth Baseball – Assistant Coach
- Leadership Bartow Class X